Product of the Month: February - Greens
Posted on 15 February 2021
As we welcome the new year, Bloomingmore has designated an exclusive product to epitomize the months of 2021. These products were carefully-crafted and picked based on the meanings and origins of each. The unique characteristics of these floral options earned them a spot on our list, we hope you feel the same!
The product of February is Greens.
Greens are a fresh, traditional take on floral design. Our combinations of greens are farm-direct and sure to dazzle guests with their minimalistic flair. Our staple green is Eucalyptus. We carry Baby Blue Eucalyptus, Diamond Silver Dollar Eucalyptus, Cupped Seeded Eucalyptus, Parvifolia Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus Willow, Naked Seeded Eucalyptus, and Natural Eucalyptus Rings. These greens epitomize the beauty of nature and the natural world. Their coloring represents harmony, unity, new life, healing, and balance.
This flower’s name comes from the two Greek words eu (well) and kaluptos (conceal). Essentially, the name is symbolic of a green that is well-concealed. This makes sense as the name was acutely inspired by the protective cap of the Eucalyptus. Our floral designers love using this green family. Eucalyptus is known for their attractive foliage, rich aroma, and versatility when it comes to floral design.
Fun Facts about Eucalyptus:
- A Eucalyptus tree’s height can range from 33 feet to over 200 feet
- There are over 700 species of Eucalyptus
- Their leaves are known to produce a purifying effect when burned. This effect disperses negative energy.
- Eucalyptus is available year-round
- Eucalyptus leaves are abundant in oil and this oil is often used to soothe sore throats, allow for easier breathing, and promote relaxation
Did you know?
- A koala’s entire diet is based on Eucalyptus leaves! These marsupials love Eucalyptus almost as much as we do!