Product of the Month: July - Peonies
Posted on 15 July 2021
As we welcome the new year, Bloomingmore has designated an exclusive flower to epitomize the months of 2021. These flowers were carefully crafted and picked based on the meanings and origins of each. The unique characteristics of these floral options earned them a spot on our list, we hope you feel the same!
The product of July is Peonies
Peonies are one of America's most loved perennials. These beautiful blooms contain hundreds of tiny delicate petals that add stunning texture to any bouquet. A Peony’s effortless lush allows the bloom to be the flower of preference for special occasions such as anniversaries, baby showers, and weddings! These blooms will definitely be the cynosure of all eyes (second only to the bride!) on your Big Day.
As we commence the wedding season, we need to talk about one of our all-time favorite flowers- Peonies! If we had to choose one flower that every bride should have at their summer wedding, peonies would sooo win first place! How could they not? There's something so romantic about these rosy blooms that make us want to have them all year long. Unfortunately, these beauties are seasonal and only bloom in late spring-early summer. So, if you're looking to get these stunning flowers for your Big Day make sure you plan accordingly.
Another great thing about the highly-admired Peonies is that there are so many gorgeous ways to incorporate them into your wedding, big or small. From centerpieces to stunning arbors, Peonies will assure you the prettiest (and most elegant) day possible.
Here are some of our favorites and trendiest ways to do so:
- This summer it's all about a bold color palette, so in order to express your creativity and individuality, we implore you to choose three or four of your favorite (bright and beautiful) colors and mix them into a non-traditional bouquet.
- Wedding lounge areas are the optimal location to show off your floral decor! As this is where your guests get the opportunity to not only mix and mingle when they're not seated or dancing but take in the wonderful sights that you have prepared for the occasion.
- Do not underestimate the significance of a beautifully decorated summer wedding cake. Topping your bridal cake with strategically placed Peonies gives off the impression of elegance while remaining light, refreshing, and non-gaudy.
- Typically, summer wedding venues have a pool or water feature... This is the perfect opportunity to utilize your blooms in a contemporary way! By placing the blooms within the water feature it employs the use of the empty space and transforms it into a gorgeous facet of your decor. The floating luminaries created with your Peonies can add an incredibly special ambience after the sun sets.
- Peony centerpieces are considered a classic when it comes to floral design as they always fashion a beautiful statement piece. Whether it be an exclusively peony arrangement, a combination of peonies and greens, or a fusion of focal flowers a peony is the perfect staple flower.
And, if you're looking to have picture-perfect Peonies, here are some handy tips:
- Don’t throw away the boxes - they will come in handy if you plan on transporting the flowers later.
- Some people believe that they need to keep their flowers in a refrigerator, but it is not needed! In fact, some refrigerators are kept much colder than a florist's cooler and this could damage the flowers.
- Do not overcrowd your containers, this may damage stems and blooms and affect their blooming process.
- Do not place the blooms in direct sunlight or overly-hot environments as they will diminish the life of your blooms.