Peonies Care & Handling Guide
Don’t be alarmed by the appearance of your peonies upon arrival. They may appear with brown spots and limp leaves, but rest assured with the proper care and handling, these beauties will perk right up. Carefully unpack your flowers from the box. Fill your clean container of choice with fresh water.
Remove all of the leaves that will fall below the water line because leaves create bacteria in the water and shorten the life of your flower. With sharp scissors, shears or a knife, cut your stems at least 1 inch from the bottom at a diagonal and place in your prepared water filled containers.
Change the water in your containers and re-cut the stems every 2-3 days in order to prolong the life of your blooms. Do not place in direct sunlight or in hot environments as they will diminish the life of your blooms.
- Stem length: 16 in / 40 cm
- Bloom size: 2.5 to 4 in / 6.5 to 10 cm
- Vase life: average vase life with proper care and handling, approximately 7 to 10 days
- Season: Alaskan: July through August, European: March through April, Chilean: November through December
- Special notes: Peonies are very delicate flowers