The dahlia was named in honor of Swedish botanist Andreas Dahl, a student of Linnaeus. They’re native to Mexico and Central America. Published reports claim the Aztecs used dahlias to treat urinary difficulties. The first dahlias cultivated outside their native environment were grown in Madrid, Spain, in the late 1700s. Dahlias are members of the Compositae family, and are related to daisies.
- Stem Count: 20, 40, 80, 160
- Stem Length: 40 - 50 cm
- Bloom Size: 5-6 cm
- Season: April through October
- Shipped from the: USA
- Suggested Delivery Date: 2 to 3 days before your event
- Vase Life: 5 to 7 days
- Shipping and Cancellation Policies
Care & Handling Guide:
1. Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps located on the outside and inside of the box.
2. Fill clean containers with at least 5 - 6 inches of fresh, cool water.
3. Remove any leaves that fall below the water line. Not removing the leaves may cause bacteria to form and shorten the flower’s life.
4. Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut stems diagonally approximately one inch under running water if possible.
5. Immediately after cutting, place stems in the prepared containers.
6. Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat/cold.
7. Change water and re-cut stems every 3 days